Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Going after what you want(no exceptions)

Alright people, I hav'nt written anything and a while so I thought I'd put somethin out there. A lot of my writings have a common theme and this one is no different. We need to go after what we want in this world. Rarely are things just handed to us, and even when they are we usually don't appreciate them. We can have and acomplish anything in this life that we desire. No matter how many people tell you it's impossible or a waiste of your time. I mean just look at all the really successfull people out there. Wether it's an athlete, an actor, entepreneur, or just someone with a successful marriage. The majorityof those people, when they first started working towards there goals, were told that they were waisting there time and that it would never happen. They were told it's impossible. Look at Roger Bannister, the first person to break the 4 minute mile. Not only was he told that it was unreachable, he was told by physiologists that it was physically impossible. Not only did he break the 4 minute mile but now you have to be able to run it in order to qualify for the olympics. So things that seem impossible at one time may become the standard in the future. If you have a goal go after it. I don't care how crazy it sound or how out there everyone else thinks it is. If it's something you want, go for it. There are no unatainable goals(well I'm sure there's a couple). One day what may seem crazy to all the people around you may become the standard. "If you can believe it, you can achieve it." I look back at my days of partying and alcoholism, if I would've told people at that time that I wanted to be where I am now they would've never thought it possible. And now when I tell people that I used to be an alcoholic and was waisting my life away one day at a time, they can't believe that. So, no matter where you are in your life, no matter how far away you are, or think you are, from your goals, go after them. Even if you never achieve them at least you spent your life going after something important to you. Do you think anyone regrets going after something they never get(sometimes). But I guarantee you that a lot more people regret never having tried. Just go and talk to some people, ask them what dreams they have. Most peolpe have these amazing dreams that they never go after for various reasons, they don't have the time or the money or their family's won't appove or they think it's too crazy. But everyday they regret not going after what it is that they truly want. They settle for something that's easier and that they know they can achieve. That's a big problem with a lot of people(I used to be one of them). They only go after what they know they can accomplish it. But how do you know if you never try. Set your goals on something high, then when you get there set them on something higher. In the end you'll look at where you are and you won't believe it. Before you never would've thought you could've achieved half the things you have and now they seem like second nature. But hindsight is 50/50, we have to dive into the unknown to see what's on the other side. It's real easy to sit back and just enjoy the comfort of mediocrity, because it's just that, EASY. People are so afraid to fail and step out into the unkown then to ever try. Just take that leap, go after what you want in this life. This isn't a trial run people. And you never know when this trip we call life is going to be over. Even if you live to be 100, looking back at your life it will only be a flash in time. I'll leave you with a quote(which I like to put up around my room and everywhere I can see them to keep me motivated to go after what I want).

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small minded fools who find it easier to live in the world that they've been given rather than to explore the power they have to change it." 

Impossible is nothing, go after your dreams. If you don't like where you're at, change it. Don't let anyone elses opinions of what's attainable slow you down. A lot of goals seem unnatainable until they are reached. And don't let yourself settle, it's very easy to become complaisant with mediacraty(because it's easy and it's safe). Go for the top, don't settle for the middle because it's higher than the bottom. When you're at the top, the middle is as bad as the bottom. We are all amazing and can achieve anything that we desire, we just have to believe that, with everything that we are, and we can achieve.

 God bless you all!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5.3.09

    I read this every day. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, it's amazing, Really, It will help me reach to my goals.

    ReplyDelete