Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I've survived damn near everything!

So I was laying in bed last night thinking how I could make things better for women in this country(Just kidding, that's for you Anthony). For real though, one of my homeboy's(thanks JT) got me a card for my B-day yesterday. It said,"For your birthday here's a badge you've earned the right to wear", then it had a button on the inside that said"I've survived damn near everything" on it. That was the most perfect thing I thought. I mean I can't even count all the times I've almost died, or almost been severely hurt or almost ruined my life over the years, particularly back when I was partying. I was talking with a friend about that the other day and they said that I must have an angel looking out for me. I said I think I got about 30 and they're all putting in over time on weekends and holidays ha. When I was younger I never thought I'd make it to the year 2000, I don't know why but it was just a feeling I had. Ironic thing is I was about half a second away from getting killed about an hour before New Years, but that's another story. At that time I was definitely on the path to never seeing the new millennium. Luckily I was blessed with a ton of really great friends and family who helped me get through everything. And luckily I found my calling in life(fighting). I'm extremely blessed to be alive and extremely blessed to have all of you in my life. I thank God everyday, all day for the things I have. One of my friends is going through some shitty times right now. I just had to tell her that even shit can taste good if you realize that it may be your last meal. What I meant was that we never know which day is our last. And if you look back on your life you gotta see that all the shitty times as well as the great times have made you who you are, so appreciate the shit cause without it you never know where you'd be. Take care of yourselves everyone. Love yourselves and especially each other because just as it could be your last day it could be the person next to you's. Life is not something we get to try at, it's one shot, make it a good one not matter what. APPRECIATE THE SHIT!

1 comment:

  1. Well said, and it's nice to know I'm not the only one that survived damn near everything, LOL! To survival, and all the shit that comes with it! :)

    ReplyDelete