Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Never give up

We all will stumble and fall, but not all of us will get back up again. Proverbs 24:16 says that a righteous man will fall 7 times and arise again but that a wicked man will not. We all go through some of the same things. We all go through the same trials, even if we feel like we are the only ones. The difference is that some of us take those trials and turn them into victories while other people use them as excuses to not try again. No matter how hard you fall, or how far, you can arise and overcome. You can turn your weakness into strength. How you overcome your losses is what people remember, not so much the wins. Anyone can have heart and show determination when things are going their way. How many people can pick themselves up off of the ground and keep going when everything is telling them to just quit. This is as true in life as it is in the ring. No matter the setbacks, no matter how many times you fail, pick yourself up, dust yourself off and continue on your journey. I know how hard it can be, it seems so much easier to just give up. But if you quit you will never truly be happy and you will always regret it. So push through the hard times because the reward is great. As long as you continue to try and never give up you will never fail and you will never lose. One of my favorite bible verses is Psalms 27:1, it says, " God is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?" God is my light (he shows me the way), he is my salvation (he saves me), whom shall I fear (knowing this how can I fear anything). That's why I have it tattooed on my back. Follow your heart, find your dreams, never quit, never stop fighting, no matter how many times you fall. -God Bless You All

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous6.3.09

    This one is one of my favorites this is one of the reasons that i decided to join Muay Thai thanks alot kevin!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true! Each time we fall and get up again, just makes us that much stronger. Besides, with God on our side, we never truly fail. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kevin. I got to have faith.

    ReplyDelete