Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Someday

We all have 'somedays' in our lives. We all have things in our lives that we say we will someday get to. Someday I'll take my wife on that trip, someday I'll spend more time with my kids, someday I'll quit drinking, someday I'll go back to church, someday I'll go after my dream, someday I'll live the way I know I should. We all have these things. What we need to realize is that 'someday' we won't be here anymore. We are'nt guaranteed tomorrow, for that matter we are'nt guaranteed today. All we have for sure is this moment, right now. Our lives are like a breath on a cold day, we shine for a moment and then we are gone in an instant. So, with that in mind, take all of these 'somedays' and start making them today. How long have you been putting off things that you know you should be doing? How has any of that time you waited helped? If anything I'm sure it has only hurt and made it even harder to go after those things. Do it today, do it right now, don't wait. Fix the things in your life that you need to while you still can. Live your dreams, no matter what. If there's something in this life that you know you should be doing, DO IT! It's real easy to put these things off in the back of our minds. But every now and again they come up, and they always will. Often the things we truly want seem far too difficult to achieve, so we sit back and get conferrable in our daily lives. But isn't it far better to go after what you want and fail rather then to constantly succeed at mediocre things. Most people aim low so that they know they will succeed rather than to shot for the stars and fail. No matter how afraid you are, no matter how hard it seems or how far away it is, go after it. Whether it's a dream, a change of attitude, a relationship, whatever. There's a great song lyric that says,"This is your life, are you who you want to be?" I love this lyric, your life is up to you. You can't always change the things that happen to you but you can change how you react to them. Go after the things in this life that you know are right, and you know that you are meant for. Why put it off any longer? All you have is right now!

 

-God Bless You All! 

1 comment:

  1. Very well written man! I used to be one of those that waited for something good to happen in my life, to give me that confidence to go for my dreams. When life just got worse with each passing year, I eventually came to the realization that it's up to me to make good things happen for myself. There's many days when I still get discouraged, or when I fail at something, but I've made a DECISION to just press on. "Someday" my efforts will pay off. In the meantime, I look for the little things that make life great.

    ReplyDelete