Sunday, February 22, 2015

Excuses

Sometimes I gotta vent...
I'm sick of hearing everyone's excuses, “I'd do it if only I had this, was born with this, was offered this.” One of the biggest things I constantly hear is, "You're so lucky you get to do what you do." Lucky? Is that what you call it. As if it was just gift wrapped and left on my doorstep for me to pick up. You'll hear things like, “You're so lucky you get to train all day and not worry about anything else.” You can too, it's a matter of what you're willing to sacrifice in order to get what you want. I'll make a list for you of everything I've had to do and sacrifice in order to get where I’m at, and what I continue to have to do and then you tell me how 'lucky' I am. "Well if I didn't have kids and a job then I'd be able to go after my dreams" or "Once I get this handled and these things in place then I'll really go for it." No you won't, because if you really wanted it you would have done it by now. You'd at least be on your way. 
The difference between the ones who make it and the ones who don't is never giving up. No excuses, no BS, no complaining when things don't go your way. They don't moan about not being given the right opportunity or born with the right genetics, etc, etc. Everyone's got things working against them but you see people that have made it to where you want to be and assume it was just smooth sailing for them to get there. You're delusional! I think people just tell themselves these things because it gives them a reason not to even try. People that achieve their dreams use obstacles as motivation, they know they will be there and it's just another test for them to see if they really want it. Cowards make excuses! 
Do yourself a favor, look up any person who you view as having "made it", read their life story or if you can hit them up and ask them about what it took for them to get to where they are. I guarantee you it will completely alter your whole outlook. They've faced and overcome more than you could possibly imagine. Things that would not only keep someone from achieving a goal, but things that would crush a persons spirit completely. Get your head out of your ass, leave the pity party and get on the road to accomplishing your dreams. There's only one person in this world that's in control of that...you!
Figure out what you really want in life and go for it with everything that you have but be prepared for things to not go your way. More often than not when we are on the road to success things tend to go wrong. Whenever I have these bumps in the road I use them to remind myself that something great is just around the corner. When things are easy and everything seems to be working out is when I start to really get concerned. Be ready to work harder than you could have ever dreamed possible and be even more prepared to have little, sometimes nothing, to show for it along the way. You are going to suffer and you are going to struggle but if it's something that you really want then you will find a way, if not you will find an excuse.
The end

Face your fears, live your dreams”-El Presidente'

No comments:

Post a Comment